CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Beautiful Easter Sunset!

This was the sunset that I watched Sunday from the park. I had plans with my sister-in-law, but something came up and she needed to reschedule, so I had a lot of time to myself. I felt such great peace as I pondered the depth and meaning of Easter. What does it mean to me? How is my life different because of Jesus Christ, his life, death and resurrection?

I had the opportunity to speak in church this same Easter Sunday. I spoke on the personal application of the atonement of Jesus Christ and the joy that has come into my life through my individual relationship with Him. Maybe I will post my talk on here in the next couple of days...

There were so many ways in which I saw the hand of the Lord in my life this weekend, one of the best ski days of my life Saturday, with an old friend who never ceases to amaze me and even just being in his presence makes me want to be better--not to mention race to the bottom of the hill ;) I had the strength to work some of the longest days of my life last week and was able to get all my homework done early for the coming week. I had a great discussion with my bishop and really feel at peace with some new opportunities to serve. I was very blessed to see clearly some things in my life that have perplexed me lately... I love the Lord and feel so fortunate to have a covenant relationship with him that governs my choices, enables me with strength greater than my own, and gives me guidance and priorities in a world of confusion and distress.

4 comments:

The Janes said...

Ashley, your awesome ability to put your thoughts and feelings into words is incredible. Your words describe feelings that I can't express. Thank you. I love Jesus Christ also but even just saying these words don't seem to say it quite right. So thank you for the words to put to my thoughts also. Love, Lisa

Tara said...

Someday, when I grow up, I want to be like you, Ash!

Laura said...

Amen to all of the above.

And I'm glad you're ok. My prayers will be with you extra super much.

Cassia said...

Thank you for sharing.