CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Impressions of the Spirit...

Following impressions of the spirit today proved very beneficial... I was on campus attending class, studying for midterms, doing finance homework and trying to get on top of things... and after my last class I just felt like I needed to go home.

As I walked in the door it smelled hot, like something burning... but remembering that Michelle had destroyed her toast this morning I tried to dismiss the feeling and could not. I walked into the kitchen just in time to watch the wrapper on a loaf of bread burst into flame. The loaf of bread had once been contained by a ziploc bag which was completely melted--thus the hot smell I had noticed when I walked in...

Apparently someone left the toastmaster plugged in... it had gotten so hot it melted and ignited anything in close proximity.

Often times I follow impressions and never see the end result or know just "why" I felt to do something, I think there are times that we simply show our obedience to the Lord and demonstrate our willingness to be led; however, there are times like today where I am blessed to see the end from the begining and how grateful I am to have followed the feeling to go home. Thanks be to God! I am so grateful for His guidance and love.

5 comments:

Whosyomatty? said...

I am ever glad to hear of your blessings and hope.... thanks.

Emryn said...

I am glad that everything turned out okay, that is besides the toastmaster :(

Hammy Shan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hammy Shan said...

I'm so thankful you're in tune with the Spirit and that you not only recognize the promptings, but act upon them. May your "direct line" always be connected.
I love you. Mom

Cassia said...

Thank you for sharing this - what a good reminder to me to try to be more in tune. I'm so glad you were!