CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Almost There...

Ok... for those of you who have commented on my lack of blogging... today was the last day of class, my final choir concert, and my last step in the Jerusalem Center application! So... after finals are over... you may be hearing a little more from me :) Silly scheduled finals/make-up exams... 1 Friday, 2 Saturday, 1 Monday & 2 anytime.

Many great & humerus things have happened recently... but the favorite for today has to be my meeting with my new stake President. He is great. I got there about 7 minutes early--figuring it's easier for me to wait for them rather than me putting them behind all night and he was ready for me--amazing. He asked if I was Ashley, I said yes we went into his office, he asked if I'd mind if he began with prayer, again I said yes, and toward the end of a beautiful prayer he thanked the Lord that I was there and had prepared myself to go to the temple and be sealed for time and all eternity.

Whoa.

I was just there for Jerusalem.

Whoa.

He ended the prayer and I politely told him that he may have the wrong Ashley that I was finalizing my Jerusalem endorsement. He said--well, maybe you should be getting married.

To which I politely replied--nope--I tried that in December--it didn't work out so well and now I get to go to the land where we're asked to sign a no proselyting and no dating agreement. Life is good. Life is really good. [Trying to emphasize that so as to get the attention off trying to get me married...] Not proselyting will be much more difficult than not dating. I'm going to the Holy Land whether in the Fall or Winter. Going to Jerusalem is a dream I've had since the year Scott died when I was accepted into the program. I am finally moving forward with my life, pursuing goals. I am hoping to be done with these classes I was in that year and to finally be "unstuck" in school and in life in general.

As I left I assured him that he'd be one of the first to know when I do get married. He made me promise. It made me smile.

1 comments:

Cassia said...

Wow. What an odd experience. :) But I guess he was still right in some way - you have worked to prepare yourself, just aren't expecting it quite yet. :) Timing's just off. :)

Your statements about the no dating commitment made me laugh. I hadn't thought of that (the need for such a commitment), but it does make sense. :) I hope you have a wonderful time in Jerusalem. That sounds like an amazing experience!