CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 20, 2007

Floridian Update!

So, life here is a little hectic. With my phone not working and my Internet down I have felt much like this is another full-time mission. I even sent snail mail to my family and 2 of my friends yesterday--whoa--blast from the past.

I have seen some really wonderful people come to Christ while I have been here. This week was like the marathon gospel week. Last Friday and Saturday I spent in Ft. Lauderdale at a young single adult (YSA) conference, then church in Sunday, with missionary meeting after, teaching new member discussions, and to top it off a fireside. Monday was FHE, Tuesday meetings with the bishop/YM/YW @ the church, and a couple hours working with LDS Family Services to establish the addiction recovery groups here in So. Florida. Wednesday I taught Institute on 2 Nephi. Thursday was the Relief Society pioneer dinner, Tonight was the YSA/missionary dinner we hosted, tomorrow morning at 6:30 we have a stake temple trip leaving for Orlando, then back by 7 or 8pm, and church the next morning.

The work with LDS Family Services and also AFSP, and most especially the church have been wonderful!!! I love it here!!! I got offered a job in Nantucket for the next 4-5 months, and I had decided to go...I made a list of pros and cons and all the "cons" were the people here, quality friends, missionary and service opportunities. I don't want to leave the people.

Oh, and an incredible Jerusalem Story. I will save it for later! Lovin' life here!

3 comments:

Can Can said...

yeah! But not as much as i love you :)

I'm waiting to check my mailbox every day with baited breath.

Can Can said...

don't worry...I'm not fishing for more snail mail.









YES! TWO IN ONE POST!!!

Can Can said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR YOUR STORY AND GOOD JOB FINDING OUT THE ANSWER TO MY "RIDDLE" (SINCE YOU ALREADY KNEW BUT THAT'S OKAY).