CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Lil' Accident @ Work...

OK, OK, Ok already...for those of you that would like to know about this little accident at work:

I am a server @ Outback...I was trayed up with 4 sirloins, large number of heavy flatware...and apparently there was standing water between the kitchen and the dining room...while running this food for Chris...I hit the water... both feet flew out from under me, took the tray to the head and some where between then and consciousness, one of the broken pieces of china slit the veins in my left wrist, and somehow i wound up with a bruise the size of football from knee to mid calf-- I have matching black and blue tones on my head--but luckily my beautiful hair covers them nicely...

Forty-five minutes and 5 bar towels later I was no longer swimming in my own blood bath. A huge thanks to Rach for coming to pick me up...and to all the servers for helping me rid sirloin and sour cream from every place it doesn't belong.

Sadly I thought yesterday was the worst of it...but waking up this morning i felt worse than having been hit by a truck...OK so maybe not really...but a 100lb weighted blow to the head tends to leave a mark.

And...YES...I am aware of the ironic timing with this being the very day after my renewed commitment to take better care of myself...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many workers suffer an accident at work in their professional lifetime. Unfortunately some are unsure of their rights and if they have a claim for compensation. Unfortunately many people attempt frivolous law suits attempting to get money out of their employer, while genuinely injured people who are out of work stay quiet. People should know their rights they may be eligible for compensation to cover medical bills or time out of work. if you are worried about jeopardising your job talk to a professional for advice about your rights and look at other peoples case studies to give you an idea of what other people claim for.