CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Broken Heart...that's been changed for the better...

I love Jason, and I miss him already. Hoping this is the decision that is best for both of us, to allow Jason the time space he's requested... it is a new experience for me to love someone in such a way that I desire his happiness even though (and possibly because) I truly love him--even at the cost of our engagement--even just as a friend--I will always love him. Some of the greatest times of my life have been spent with Jason, and I am a better person because of the things we have learned together. So, much as the song lyrics described when we met--'like a handprint on the heart... I have been changed for the better.'

2 comments:

Hammy Shan said...

Dear Ashley, Only time can heal a broken heart but the heart strings will always remember the sweet "tunes." I'm glad you've been loved and cherished for the few short months you and Jason have known each other. Now you know it's possible to have someone feel that way about you and treat you like the special person you are. I love you so much and pray that Heavenly Father will shower his choicest blessings upon you. Love 'til the day after forever, Mom

Whosyomatty? said...

Darling I feel so much even now for Samantha as the mother of my daughter and my friend. but its better for her to be happy in her agency than not as for me I am pleased with the way the Atonement has changed my heart and mind to accept others as is and to give without the expectation of receipt. eventually all things re as they should be and sometimes we need to learn lessons about ourselves. good for you and be true to yourself in all things even when you are rejected its not you its them lol trite but true. as with your own roommate I like her alot but if she has no interest I let go and support the happiness she chooses regardless of the outcome. thanks for the massages and soon I will be needing another!