CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Headed to the beach!!!

You'll notice a few changes...I'm no longer engaged, I'm not going to Colorado for the holidays, and I'm no longer moving.

For those of you that may be concerned, or unsure of my well-being... I can assure you this is the best decision for me and Jason both. The Lord has taken great care of me thus far, and I trust that he will continue to do so--and is already. This picture was taken the first day I swam in the ocean when I moved to Florida, I got stung and had no idea... it was a bitter sweet experience that's for sure... but my love for the beach only grew with time. I spent hours looking into the great expanse and knowing that God is in charge of the very sands of the sea--he knows me--he is aware of me. If my heart and soul can endure the loss of losing a loved one to suicide, the many heartaches life has brought, and I can become better because of them--the Lord's hand remains in my life still. This is a time to rejoice in the birth and life of Jesus Christ.

"The gospel of Jesus Christ has the divine power to lift you to great heights from what appears at times to be an unbearable burden or weakness. The Lord knows your circumstances and your challenges. He said to Paul and to all of us, 'My graces is sufficient for thee.' And like Paul we can answer: 'My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me' (2 Corinthians 12:9) And I know now that I truly can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. [phil 4:13]

May the knowledge and love of God fill our hearts with joy and peace this holiday season! Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Hammy Shan said...

Ashley, Remember that a lot of people love and pray for you. I truly want what is best for you and know that Heavenly Father will guide your footsteps and be on your right and left and go before you. May He be with you always and may you continue to recognize His promptings and act upon them. I love you dearly, my sweet daughter.

Emryn said...

Hey Ash, I am sorry, love hurts sometimes. I am around if you need me, I quit my job, so we can chat it up. Love you

Erin said...

Hey Ash,

Just wanted to tell you that I'm thinking of you and sorry for your heartbreak. Sure takes a couple to get it all right, in my experience! But you're right--all that stuff goes toward good use. If nothing else, I'm more compassionate toward others with broken hearts...and that's a good thing. Keep healing! Every day makes a difference--and sometimes that's all the distance you can see. :)