CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Good Memories!!!


Recently I've been going through some old photos and reminiscing about all the good people God has placed in my path and all the truly wonderful experiences I have had and thought I'd post a few of these that make me laugh--like the one where I was teaching Stockton to ski and at the very top of a REALLY long run @ the 'Bird he informed me that he had to go to the bathroom... and we happened to ski right in front of one of the hot guys taking pictures and later found this hanging in the photo shop! All the kids are amazing little skiers--famous already! Or the one where Stockton is overjoyed/terrified on the tea cups at Disneyland and Sydney was our amazingly intent tour guide. That trip was amazing--if you ever want to fall in love--I highly recommend the Huntington Hyatt! But you may find out as Uncle Brad did that sleeping beside a recently potty trained little buddy on the foldout bed with a plastic sheet after sipping sprite all day with Mickey is not the driest experience!!! Some of these pics are of old friends who still continue to bless my life everyday--truly--have you ever thought how different your life would be without even one of the fabulous people who has touched your life?!? Take Kim & Cassia for instance--I haven't seen them for what seems like ages, or my friend Eric who I haven't seen in 10 years--Like the wonderful vacations with Nic & Steph--and the most wonderful family! Not to forget the great sunglasses and the creepy man captured in the picture who really liked us--what can I say--we are irresistible! And light attracts light so 'get out your shades' :)

Tonight was a wonderful night!!! The BYU Rugby team took the national championship @ Stanford--take that Abby ;)jk--kind of...

And President Thomas S. Monson, Latter-day Saint Prophet was at the symphony with us tonight as well!~ (sorry for any lack of clarity on my part) It always brings joy to my heart to know that I was standing on holy ground and at an edifying performance. It was like being on a date & sitting beside Elder Oaks two weeks ago--there is something so wonderful about being beside an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ--can you imagine attending an event beside Paul, or a cultural event that Isaiah adored?!? I hope that I can stand as an emissary of the Lord Jesus Christ in all places at all times!

And I got a new journal today...for those of you who know me I am not a big journal writer... but... HA! I think the angels in Heaven may have a hard time with all the words of life recorded at my hand! "I'll live by my pen" Oh, how I love Jane Austen!
A sweet message from an old friend...
Asked out by another good man I am genuinely interested in...
The opportunity to fast and attend church tomorrow...
Spending time with Livie' this week :) She recognizes me! And her smile is as full of light as the sky when the sun rises over the ocean in Boca!
An awesome steak for dinner--fillet mignon is my favorite...And let's be honest I can grill them even better than the Outback! No offense my favorite Floridian boss :) And I made friends with the butcher at Costco today--and have some SWEET advice!
The most beautiful rainbow this afternoon...
finding the perfect gift for a friend...
Fresh flowers for my mom for Mother's day...They are beautiful and the eucalyptus smells fresh and wonderful and she can enjoy them all week! I also have some fantastic surprises for her!
The CES Firesise with Elder Bednar tomorrow! And a friend who hasn't been in years wanting to come.
After the fantastic general conference talks on sharing the joy and happiness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others--I made a list of all the friends and family I have around me that are not fully enjoying those blessings--and already 4 have contacted me--I love the promise in PMG God will lead you to them or lead them to you! Happiness through Jesus Christ!!! I love God! And I never would've been happy married to someone who the night of our first date mocked my saying that and seeing the Lord's hand in EVERYTHING!
Fresh mango from Costco...
I really love Costco.
Getting settled in my new place...
New snow in the Mountains! Seriously, God loves me--I studied for finals rather than skiing and this is my reward now! Fresh powder in Little Cottonwood Canyon!!!
Sweet dreams...
A wish/dream list and accomplishing 'impossible dreams' ANYTHING is possible with divine assistance! Remember that 2 people can accomplish anything when one of them is God.
A good night's sleep...
Cleanliness & order...
Olivia's smiles...
The capacity to help another who is struggling...
No desire to judge another...
Complete respect for the agency of others...
The greatest finance teacher ever...
"making a finance salad..."
Enjoying a great play with my mom--Ian seriously was amazing! I can't believe all the good men I am surrounded by!
A new month and beautiful pictures on the calenders Jami made us for Christmas, thanks Jami :) The most beautiful picture of Samantha with a yellow daisy in her hair!Picasa photos of all the kids that are amazing!
New music on my blog.
Being completely over Jason and grateful we aren't married... I wasn't sure I'd ever see that day... How grateful I am that God knows what is best even when we think we do...
The 'Dear Abby' post entitled "groom's mother is out of line..."
and thanking God that Leslie Aldridge is NOT my mother-in-law!
The sun that came out after the rain!
My best friend who has fallen in love with a wonderful man who will love, honor & cherish her--congrats Christianne! I couldn't be happier for you :) No hurricanes this time around!!!
Crying like a baby over Marley & Me... Good memories of my wonderful dogs Tuit & Enu (inu)... c'mon anyone who has ever loved a dog can't see that and not just melt...
And crying just as hard over all the beautiful southern Florida footage... I miss my home at the sea...
The inspiring lyrics from Wicked! OH I LOVE WICKED!!! And I am really I hadn't gotten them when I stood in line all night to get them for Jason--this worked out way better!
Rebecca & the babies stabilized health! Prayers are heard and answered!!!
A great bishop & stake president who love me and want what is best for me! I love the structure of the church--just knowing that it is exactly as it was when Christ was on the Earth ministering to the people of Jerusalem--and that I am going there!!!
"There is a Green Hill [Near at Hand}!"
Getting my academic life together! Being 1 semester shy of graduation :)
Feelings of peace & joy and freedom from anxiety.
Clean sheets & my down comforter!
Books--hundreds of wonderful books--unpacked and adorning my walls.
Emma--my sweet friend from across the ocean--and a loving Father in Heaven who allowed me to share the gospel with her and her love and friendship she has shown me!

3 comments:

Alma Clark said...

Are you saying Pres. Monson was at the Rugby game? I ran a search for BYU Rugby and your site came up. It was kind of hard to follow what you were saying.

Alma

Kelly said...

so when are we going to play, my long lost friend?

Cassia said...

Oh, Ashley, thank you! You've definitely touched my life. :) I will always remember a comment you made about not seeing people where they are, but rather seeing how far they've come. Thinking that way has helped me see more compassionately - thank you! :)

I hope you enjoyed Elder Bednar's talk. I know it gave us a lot to think about. I hope it is shared in an upcoming Ensign or something - it's a message that applies to so many. I wish more people realized that CES firesides can be for anybody!

I'm glad to hear that Rebecca and baby's (or babies?!?) health are stabilized! I've been hoping so...

I think I'll have to watch (or listen to) Wicked sometime. Your recommendation is a good one. :)

Still working on the "Cleanliness & order" part myself... :)

Thank you for sharing your gratitude lists. :)