CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

Originally to commemorate fallen soldiers... this holiday has spread to a remembrance of all loved ones now gone from mortality. My mom and I got flowers and visited the cemetery today. I'm glad we take the time to remember those we miss and the good memories we have together.That yellow balloon sure wanted to smile down on Scott's grave this year. We decided to take perennials and then plant them afterward so that the flowers don't just die. We took balloons down in favorite colors from Sydney, Stockton, Samantha, myself & mom. We also took the Gatorade that I found in the boat after 'the worst trip ever' to Lake Powell... And I had to put a note not to take the food... for Christmas the year Scott died I took orange sticks with a note to Scott... a family favorite...and a few months later found them half eaten in the center console of my dads car... It was nice to see that so many people remembered Scott. It has been nearly three years and not a day passes that we don't think of and miss you Scott.My grandma & grandpa Fisher's headstone...they have so many kids and grand kids that it was nice to see that they were rememberedMy Uncle Lynn's grave. He died when I was very young and I don't remember him but I have cleaned off his grave and brought flowers and fall leaves for as long as I can remember and it always makes me happy to see beautiful flowers that my cousins bring.

1 comments:

Cassia said...

Those are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.