CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

AFSP 5K SLC

As many of you know, I am an active supporter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and have been since I lost my brother to suicide 2 years ago this month. I have done 5K's in Boca Raton and Miami, the 20 mile overnight in New York City, and now am helping to establish resources for the community here in Utah.

We are hoping to gain the support of people all across the Wasatch front and after a successful 5k in September establish a chapter here in the state of Utah that will raise awareness and increase preventative efforts by educating Jr. high and high school aged kids, educating physicians to recognize and deal with those who are suffering from mental illness and are at risk to take their own life, and to have a survivor outreach program for those that have lost loved ones to suicide.

My goal this year is much less that last year simply because I don't have the time to invest in fundraising and am spending much more time on administrative things as event chair.

PLEASE REGISTER AND PARTICIPATE WITH US!!!
http://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.createProfile&source=R

Even if you are in college and donating will not be your strong point, there is no minimum donation--we would love for you to be there!!!

Or, if you'd rather, you can donate to me or any of my team members:
http://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&eventID=606&participantID=4120

I wouldn't be a part of this if it weren't a good cause. The majority of our board are not members of the LDS faith, and they moved it from general conference weekend to September 27th to accommodate those of my faith in this valley--and I would love for them to see how wonderful the support can be :) People that I go to school with will be there giving massages and we will have many door prizes and a great atmosphere.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU DO AND CONTINUE TO DO FOR GOOD!

For more information:
http://www.outofthedarkness.org/

0 comments: