CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Something to make you smile...


Recently, my friend's father was visiting from Russia and came to church with us. His English was about as good as my Russian--we'll just say that. Walking down the hall, he stopped at the drinking fountain to get a drink. He couldn't quite figure it out, looking around a little perplexed, some people standing around tried to tell him how to use it--which would be great if we were in Russia and they spoke Russian. I am from America and it takes me a moment to figure out some of the newly designed water fountains.My Niece and nephew happened to be at church with me that week--AND if you've ever taken 2 small children to a singles ward with no snack time or nursery--you know that at least 1 water break every hour is the least you can do for the sweet lil' kids. And so...Samantha (3yrs) happened to be standing there when Mr. Simakov most needed her help. She walked up, kindly took his hand and pushed the water button on the front of the fountain. He thanked her most warmly in words no one understood--but we all knew what they meant--especially Samantha.Every time I look at a water fountain I think of her sincere and loving example and how she was able to teach someone half a century older than her with a complete language barrier--I have a lot to learn from such a Christ-like example--Thanks Samantha!

1 comments:

Cassia said...

Very sweet. There is a definite reason we are to be "as a little child." Now as for taking them to the singles ward... wow. That's a definite undertaking, in my book--at least if they are anything like Jonathan and Emma. I am so grateful for primary and nursery. :)