CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 16, 2007

If I don't wake up tomorrow...

Upon returning home from Nathan's this evening, I came in, bolted the front door behind me, grabbed a drink of partially frozen Powerade from the fridge, and headed toward my room. Feeling a draft--I became startled. It has been cold (65 degrees) the past 2 days with the Tornado warning and all--all my windows and doors were shut. I even turned the heat on for a little bit last night when I got back from the hot tub--so I know for a fact they were shut.

I came in the extra bedroom (where I keep my computer and painting stuff) and the sliding glass door is wide open. This would normally not alarm me--but I have not opened this door since before I left for Utah on March 28th. I did not open the door. I did not even unlock this door. I live alone in a condo on the top floor of a high rise overlooking the 9th hole of a palm beach course.

Immediately I tried to call Nathan. No answer. Straight to voice mail. It means he's asleep or in some state halfway between here and sleep. Not that I blame him--lip venom can be exhausting--he has to get up 'early' tomorrow ;)

I am a little nervous to check the closets and extra rooms in my house, so if I don't wake up in the morning--at least you can know that I went out on a wonderful note.

Today I went to South Beach with Kimi--she is great by the way. I am going to be very sad when she leaves for LA this Sunday and then for BYU-Hawaii the following week--for 8 months--but that's ok--I will go visit:) I am being lined up with a triathalon coach that lives in south beach--kind of exciting? I am training for a triathalon--With my soon-to-be-sister-in-law being an inspiring ironman athlete--I am really excited training!

Tonight was a good night. I was going to go with Christi to an AA meeting, but attempted to go to a suicide survivor group meeting(SSGM) instead. My meeting didn't go through, so I went to YSA FHE at the Boca chapel. After, I went up to Delray, met up with Christi and her roommate Nikki. We had roman style fresh tomato & basil pizza at Pizza Rustica on Atlantic Avenue. Then I left to go to Nathan's. We went for a walk out to the inter coastal waterway. The water is BEAUTIFUL at night!, The sky dark and clear and covered with a blanket of stars and satellites, the air brisk, just like 'April 15th--not too hot, not too cold, perfect weather for a light jacket.' Although Nathan's outfit was way better than a light jacket--a very attractive argyle sweater with J Crew knee length plaid shorts--when not worn together--both are incredibly attractive articles of clothing.

I wanted to sit on the edge of the bridge--he said-- "Ashley NO. You have terrible luck. You go on a mission--your internal organs stop working. You go for a run--and a temple worker of all people hits you on his way to work at the temple. A fish is going to jump up--grab you by the hair and pull you into the water." When he put it like that--I guess I really don't have the best luck ever. But I still think I do--which is great--I always will.

I think my favorite quote of the night may have been Nathan saying, "well, are you going to kiss me already or what?" I wonder if he is going to kill me for posting this? I am pretty sure I can cook (or do anything I do better than cooking) in order to get my way out of just about anything.

Oh, and I just found out that there is a cable park--for wake boarding about 5 miles from my house--that is kind of exciting. I need to get a boat. I think I am just going to build a house on a lake in Orlando and have a water ski school. great idea. OK, well, if there is some monster hiding under my bed and these are the last words i speak la vita e belle!

0 comments: