CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Ok, oK, OK

Oh how I love thee. Let me count the ways.
--Thank you to Stef-funny for her wonderful start on the blog for me!

I guess I should respond to Kell's urging and update this so that people know what is going on and why I am on the other side of the country...

I moved to Florida February 13th 2007. I just needed a change. My brother bought a condo for our grandpa here in Boca Raton, and he didn't like it (penthouse suite of a high rise over-looking the 9th hole of the green--I watched part of the PGA from my roof ;) and 5 minutes from the beach--rough life! This place was vacant--and so I came down--tried things out for a month. Got a job working with the greatest family ever--that is a wonderful story--but it'll have to wait--and then went back to SLC for general conference and a mission reunion and a meeting with the director of the BYU-Jerusalem center--I got accepted for Spring of this year--but my brother is getting married June 28th--HAPPY HAPPY DAY! So I have the option of going Fall 2007 or Winter 2008, I have yet to decide. I am really just taking it easy--meeting wonderful people, and and trying to recover from 2006. It was a busy year--in one month: being stalked, hit by a truck, and losing my brother--I earned a break.

I spend hours a day running the beach, or the trails, or swimming laps in my pool. I read more now than I ever did when I needed to for class ;) and I just try to make the most of everyday. I am learning about myself and other people, languages, cultures, activities--it is wonderful!

You are all welcome to come and visit anytime!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Please tell me you're actually going to update this sucker, so i know what's going on in your life. You never did fill me in on why you moved to Florida.

Ashley said...

Kell when I figure out why I moved to Florida, I'll be sure to let you know ;) as for right now I feel like I am standing on the ledge in Indiana Jones stepping out into the chasm of unknown before the camera shift when you can actually see that there is rock beneath his feet. Moral of the story: things have happened to help confirm I am in the right place and moving in the right direction, I just don't know how it fits into the overall picture ;)
LOVE!