CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Mmmm...Sunday Night Sweets!

So growing up Sunday evening was the time for sweets. Most of the sweet things we made growing up were on Sundays and holidays. Everyone would be over and whether it was carmels, cakes, cookies, carmel corn, suckers, pies, taffy or hot fudge--it usually was thought into existence by a loving fat dog--one of my brothers ;) My mother and I would usually cook up something wonderful and then as everyone sat around the talk of hot fudge or chocolate chip cookies would begin to circulate--usually starting with Scott or Matt--the ones who "don't do sweets" and what they mean by that is they don't buy them because they really like to eat them--and they will be rather disappointed if we don't keep the ingredients for them on hand for every possible gathering.

Tonight when I couldn't sleep I decided to make my incredible chocolate chip cookies. Seeing as it is Father's day and I am far from home, the scent filled my home with nostalgia. So many good times with little hands putting in the chocolate chips for me (some actually making it into the bowl--most filling little tummies) Big kids fighting little kids to clean the beaters, and more dough being eaten than cookies--always with a warning from my mother--you know 'if my mother were making these..." All in a batch of chocolate chip cookies.

1 comments:

simon said...

well written, affectionate, and interesting blog.
i'm swiss, and i have noticed that we share the interest in this country.

if you ever get the chance, come visit me

best,

Simon

my blog is http://nastypredator.blogspot.com (not as menacing as it sounds :-) )