CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 4, 2007

A Divine Sense of Humor...

I got the chance to go up to the Orlando temple!!!
(for those unsure what that is... it's a sacred place of worship/
one of my favorite places to gather my thoughts & meditate etc.) While I was up there I got to thinking about tonight's Institute lesson (a type of Bible study/religious education) and I thought to myself, I'm not really sure--I had filled in for the instructor (Bro. Mac) last week and it was on section 124 of the Doctrine and Covenants--a book of revelation that helped the early saints in establishing the church how God wanted it) and I thought--well, I'll just pick up D&C and read for a while--maybe I'll figure out what it is on...I started reading and got enthralled in all that I have to learn and all that is contained in those sections--I started in 123 and read until the end of the book. There are a lot of principles contained in those sections! By then I was blown away & still wondering what the lesson will be on. On my nice little 3 hour drive home I got to thinking & the thought crossed my mind to call Brother Mac. Even when I don't understand why--I tend to follow those impressions--so I called. He was going to have to cancel it because he was in Atlanta for a training, so he asked if I could take care of it? "it" being section 124-the end of the Doctrine and Covenants.
"Yeah, sure, NO PROBLEM." What was I thinking? I guess the moral of the story is that--when you are curious about how something is going to happen--it may just happen through your instrumentality--not that it is a bad thing--I just still feel like I have so much to learn! Oh, well, I bought the all American Chocolate cake @Costco on my way home tonight so even if the lesson's a wash...
This is the Bountiful, Utah temple that you can see out my bedroom window!

0 comments: