CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 25, 2007

"It's a Wonderful Life!"

ONLY @ STEVE MILLER BAND IN BOCA!
Late in 2004 when I was en route from Sacred Heart Hospital (Spokane, WA) to Salt Lake City, UT--that was the counsel the presiding ecclesiastical leader over my service 'mission' gave to me "It's a wonderful life..." Whoa.

There are times when it is still hard to wrap my finite, little brain (go ahead bring on the little brain jokes...) around that notion. When you've been throwing up blood for an extended period of time and they can't figure out what is wrong and they are feeding you proteins laced with radio-active compounds to trace through your digestive organs, you may know what to think--BUT I wasn't really sure what to think--and I'll admit that wasn't always foremost on my mind--Let's be honest with the morphine drip--there wasn't much on my mind, let alone my "wonderful life..."

Today many elements of this "wonderful life" were so prevalent. That is an accomplishment of epic proportions.

First, on only 3 hours of sleep I had a very productive day. I find it very helpful to be anxiously engaged in a good cause [sorry to disappoint you mother, that does NOT mean that you are any closer to grand kids from me--slightly different engagement] But really--when i just get up and go to work--oh--and I have to tell you my new little acronym--

E-xercise
S-tudy
P-rayer
N-utrition

S-leep
C-ommunicate

*I love that you are all getting a small dose of the random thoughts that filter into consciousness on a very consistent basis with me--it must be that little brain thing again ;)

Back to my day that began with some kind of engagement ;) There were SO many blessings and opportunities that I don't even really know where to begin...All I know is that God is very aware. When we do all we can he truly takes care of us. 'John Taylor believed that God provides for our temporal needs in addition to our spiritual blessings. Our safety and happiness and our wealth depend upon our obedience to God and his laws, and our exaltation in time and eternity depends upon the same thing.'

My friend and I recently opened a business. Have you ever tried to make money without spending money? Have you ever set out to ALWAYS stay in the green. To always remain honest? To provide services that are mutually beneficial? It has been incredible to watch God help us even in our temporal affairs. We have cut drastically back to budgeting and spending only out of necessity (And NO, I do NOT mean "BOCA NECESSITY!") That means free entertainment, and lots of ramen noodles ;)-You'd be amazed how many ways you can eat a 9 cent meal! So today--we were invited to a 9 course--authentic Japanese dinner--this family lived in Japan for 5 years--it was better than the food we ate in Japan--course I was 12 and I was mortified by all the weird foods then. Literally 6 minutes later the phone rang--and our friend had 2 extra tickets to a concert tonight--The STEVE MILLER CONCERT!!! WOW!!! I had wanted to go to that concert back in January when I came here for vacation--now living here--I couldn't even begin to justify the cost--They wouldn't let us pay them anything for it--I am going to return and pay forward their kindness a hundred fold when i can :) And we were invited to dinner Sunday--and signed 3 new clients today, and received 2 referrals, booked 3 more consultations and 3 more jobs. WOW! When you want to be successful for the right reasons of helping others and doing good--and you base it on correct principles--the blessings of Heaven are more than I can even articulate--there are SO many! The money that was donated for our tickets to New York for the Suicide Prevention walk, the generous donations, and kind words of those that donated--WOW! And to see our clients lives improve--and that we help them to help themselves and that we are all better off-- I probably sound like a little kid--that's OK--I am! I even braided my hair in skier braids today and knocked a good 5 years off my age ;)

AND--I talked to my mother today--about 50 times ;) Thanks mamma! LOVE YOU!

OH! And I can't forget--my friend donated somethings for 'the kids' and I was able to get some stuff mailed off to them--the post office was closed when I got there and the lady came out from locked doors to get my packages to mail to them. WOW! I mean usually my experience with the post office is similar to that of the DMV...not usually unlocking doors to help you...even during business hours!

There are so many scenarios in life that we cannot plan for--that we cannot fix--and yet amid those--and even possibly because of those--"It's a Wonderful Life." After all had it not been raining all day--and in every part of Boca--except the amphitheatre where the concert was held--we may not have appreciated the crazy Florida weather patterns and enjoyed such good friends and good music!!!

0 comments: