CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Bright New Day!!!

I was just notified that this photo "Enduring Hope" is being published by photo laureates, in the Best of year anthology. That's exciting. I've always wanted to pursue photography and haven't ever had the courage in myself or my work to do so...I'd like to thank my family and Christianne for not only hanging my artwork--but for giving it as gifts :) It is pretty encouraging when you see it in 15 different houses.

And I have decided to go with number 9, shot @ Lake Powell the only trip I've gone since my brother died--It was take at 6am on Syndey (His 5yr old little girls) birthday.Possible titles... Still open to suggestions...
"Sydney's Sunrise"
"Out of Darkness"
"Into the Light"
"The Sun Will Rise"
"The Hope of a New Day"
...Any thoughts?

*Some other wonderful things of the day:
*Singing Joseph Smith's First Prayer in the BYU Devotional and contemplating the importance of the restored gospel [good news] of Jesus Christ in my life.
*A great devotional address that helped me with things on my mind
*Beautiful green eyes so I can wear whatever I want on St. Patty's day!
*An incredibly beautiful day!
*Olivia Jayne's baby blessing (Sunday)*Abby's parents farewell
*An awesome relationship with my brothers--I have missed them!
*Being able to talk to Stephanie--for hours and hours and hours!!! Literally :)
*And for my favs that make that possible!
*Brian's friendship & talking with him about the gospel
*A feeling that I am where the Lord wants me.
*Chocolate shakes from Costco--partially frozen Mmmm!
*Waking up feeling less anxious for the first time in years today.
*One of the sweet young women in Florida reconnecting!
*Stopping by the BYU Jerusalem office--having the director not only remember me, hand me an application, ask me to come and say there's no way she could forget a countenance as bright as mine.
*Feeling such gratitude that my life didn't turn out the way I'd hoped this year.
*Learning who I am in the context of dating good men
*a very high compliment from a man & friend I look up to very much
*A long distance run yesterday
*Running into and helping a friend yesterday who is struggling
*Feeling hope
*Stephy singing on my voicemail--and laughing out loud in choir (yesterday)
*Stephy watching up on BYU-TV
*Nikki's texts :)
*The good friends I have made in choir
*Not falling back into the arms of my ex yesterday...
*Feeling the peace and joy from accomplishment
*Looking & feeling beautiful today
*The crocuses that were breaking through the ground
*My cactus that is loving it's new transplant to a larger pot
*Seeing Ashley today
*Not getting a parking ticket for parking in the Marriot Center--I have a permit they were going to mail it--I just haven't gotten it...(I put a note to the parking man on my windshield :) God loves me!
*Finding the books on Amazon that I've wanted... for $1.49
*A desire to develop my talents and a feeling of my self-worth
*The speaker addressing and validating long-lasting trials
*A good night of restful sleep
*Delicious leftovers from Sunday--our family can cook!
*That feeling and love of life coming back that I had lost for a time.
*The capacity to help others because of that pain I've experienced
*losing fake friends on facebook & maintaining sincere relationships
*THE LORD'S HAND IN MY LIFE... even if at times it is guiding me down a path I hadn't thought with initial promptings... I love the Lord!!!
*Emma's love of the Book of Mormon.
*Knowing that Brad (and Scott) are happy for me to be singing and creating artwork!

The feeling that as I accomplish things that are hard for me--and way outside my comfort zone I grow more confident in the Lord's capacity to enable me t great things far beyond my natural strength and that I believe in myself and attain divine confidence as I learn of and trust in Him--like publishing my artwork, or singing (between a solo with the choir in church, and in the BYU devotional... I may even work up to and have the confidence for Women's chorus :)

*My only slight annoyance was that I couldn't take notes in the devotional because we were singing... it was really hard for me. But I knew I could look it up, or hope that someone would take them for me!

Sorry I feel like this is a little scatter-brained, or like those nights in the mission I only had 3 minutes in order to obey the schedule--and bullet points had to suffice!

3 comments:

Hammy Shan said...

I'm sorry you're not in the picture taken at Olivia's blessing . . . I know, you took the picture! You've accomplished so much in the last few years; I'm really proud of you. You have been a good example of learning to deal with adversity and becoming better because of it. I love you 'til the day after forever. Mom

Chelise said...

Congrats on the photography! You're wonderful at it, which doesn't surprise me :)

Thanks for the inspiration!

Cassia said...

Oh, congratulations! I do love those pictures. :) On the name - "Into the Light" and "Out of Darkness" really stuck out to me, though I also really like "The Hope of a New Day."

So, what would I need to do to hang your artwork in *my* house? :)