CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

To Become Like Christ...


A little something that has been on my mind throughout my personal study for a time... I don't have time to write about it tonight...but figure that in starting this it will increase the probability that I get around to processing my thoughts :)

Some things I am grateful for today...
A beautiful sunny day--as the sun rose--Mt. Timp looked incredible
Sun pouring in my window to wake me up
The scriptures and how they answer my questions
Journaling and the ability to learn from my life
Great roommates
Incredible teachers
Doing MUCH better on a test than I thought I did...
Attending and enjoying all my classes...
Studying outside in the sun before it turned cold...
[not being stuck at Snowbird on the chairlift that got shut down for 2 hours today]
Talking my mom into teaching me to can dill veggies for one of my classes :)
Getting tickets to the Luau with some of my best friends.
Stephy getting home tomorrow!!! Welcome back sista!!!
Dayquil
Running into great people on campus
Professors that know much more than I do and are willing to educate me...
Empathy as an outgrowth of trials
A beautiful brisk walk this evening
clean laundry
My down comforter
Electricity
Internet working in our apartment again :)
A smile from a total stranger.
R.E.A.L.
Wonderful people from my mission
Talking to Sister Griz
An upcoming reunion with people I love
Courtney's wedding & getting to see her for the first time in way too long!
A quality conversation last night that still makes me laugh... Tuesdays.
Knowing who I am & what I want in life
A kind email from a friend.
Modern medicine.
A calm & peaceful mind
Loving what I am studying...
A card from Stephy in the mail, the same day I sent her one
Christianne thinking of me today.
Brad being willing to help me with my finance homework
and being understanding and kind.
Matt getting brought back to work after being laid off--the Lord was listening!
My mom.
Memories of Tuit & Inu (aka Enu)
Good men in my ward, classes & social life.
Doing all the things I have never taken time for at BYU.
Good books.
Beautiful photographs.
A clean house.
Costco.
USAA.
The opportunity to help someone from a situation you never thought you'd find good in...
honesty.
Memories from Europe.
Memories of wonderful moments with Christianne--cornfield, road trip, meteor shower etc.
The gift & blessing of healing.
the power of the priesthood.
Resilience.
A warm hoodie.
Going to sleep early.
Being half way through midterms
and more than half way through the semester
options.
Agency.
Resources.
Stars.
Glitter like snowflakes.
Candles.
The temple.
Learning.
Progress. Aiming for spiritual progress not immediate perfection.
Learning to say no.
Laughter.
Northern lights.
Fishing.
Music.
Sleep.
Being better than the day before.
Being better than the year before.
Fortitude.

And most of all, for a loving Heavenly Father who knows and loves me, and I assume met with me before I came here to talk about the areas I could improve in, and then placed me in situations to work on all of them... and trusting Him...and having a desire to accomplish His will and become like Him. (*personal study: Matt 4/real life application 1/09-current etc)

1 comments:

Heidi said...

I love how you are always counting your blessings in your posts! :) Ir makes me think of all mine and feel grateful for my life.

So I noticed you mentioned the snowbird lift that was shut down for 2 hours where you on it?! That's crazy!