CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

How much have you changed in 15 years?

****15 YEARS AGO (1994)****
1) Age? 10-11
2) Dating? What was that? oh... maybe the Oak Lane boys...?
3) Work? Crist,Cathcart & Peterson; a few paper routes
4) Residence? Bountiful Utah
5) Hang out? Bigelows, Grandma Spikers, School, anywhere but home.
6) Contacts/glasses? yes, but only to be cool like Diane Cutler :)
7) Best friends? Enu, Scott, Brad, Grandma Spiker, Emily, Riley, Spencer.
8) Tattoos? 0--Will never have a tattoo.
9) Piercings? 1-Ears
10) Car? in my dreams...
11) Religious? no
12) Heart broken? yes.
13) Single/taken/Married/Divorced? single
14) Kids? I was one
15) School? Oak Hills Eagles! Go fight Win! Perfect attendance, NHS, 4.0, perfect PSAT, Student council, won the read-a-thon, & Jump for life...big fan of school.
16) Drugs/alcohol? What's that?
17) Family? 3 older brothers. parents separated. I really missed my brother when he was in Japan.
18) Hobbies? reading. trying to be cool like my brothers. Water skiing, snow-skiing, painting, singing, basketball, soccer, writing...
19) Service? student council
20) Of note: innocent ignorance is bliss.

***10 YEARS AGO (1999)***
1) Age? 15-16
2) Dating? Brandon
3) Work? Christopher's, Cafe Alicia, CC&P, Christmas Cottage, Dee's Trees warehouse
4) Residence? Bountiful--Bigelows/anywhere that would take me...
5) Hang out? Snowbird, Alta, Lake Powell, Friends
6) Contacts/glasses? no
7) Best friends? Brandon & Family, Jeff & Family, Matt, Devin, Cole & Family, John, Riley, Tony, Scott, Brad, Matt, Emily & Family,
9) Piercings? 2 In My Ears
10) Car? Dodge Shadow--Teal--the color of gangrene baby!
11) religious? Starting to be. Diane Lake challenged me to read the Book of Mormon, live by it's teachings and said I would be happy...
12) Heart broken? Over & over again baby.
13) Single/Dating/Taken/Married/Divorced? taken.
14) Kids? no thanks.
15) School? not that I remember. But I did get voted least likely to graduate...
16) Drugs/ Alcohol? I wished at times...
17) Family? Loved/ looked to my brothers. Parents divorced.
18) Hobbies? Skiing. Writing. Surviving.
19) Service? Please...
20) Of Note: still alive

***5 YEARS AGO (2004)***
1) Age? 21-22
2) Dating? no--I was a missionary for the LDS church
3) Work? Missionary work baby!!! Spokane Washington, Republic Washington, British Columbia, Cheney Washington
4) Residence? All over the place
5) Hang out? I was there to work & teach, there was no hanging out.
6) Contacts and/or glasses? no
7) Best friends? Roadhouse, Staiger, Coleman, Crist (Kaila), Talley, Sayer, Ludlow's, Grimsrud's, Jorgensen's, Roger's, Beans/Klotz, Bond's, Brad, Scott, Sydney, Stockton.
9)How many piercings did you have? 1 In My Ears (c'mon the prophet said so...)
10) Car? Corolla, Dodge or bike :)
11) Religious? Yes. Exactly obedient with an immature understanding of the gospel, but a desire to do what the Lord's will.
12) Heart broken? My heart was no longer open to being broken it was locked...
13) Single/Taken/Married/Divorced? Unavailable.
14) Kids? no
15) School? Deferment from BYU to serve. Studied VA in Europe... unsure...
16) Drug/alcohol? Not a chance.
17) Family? Letter writing was great! Cutest niece & nephew new to the family! Dad remarried, 4 or 5 step-siblings.
18) Hobbies? In mission field: planning, listening, teaching, tracting, singing, letters, eating, service. (not in mission field: Cooking, skiing, snow-mobiling, water-skiing, wakeboarding, hiking, biking, camping, photography, singing, back-packing, basketball, soccer, painting, writing,
19) Service? Sharing the gospel, temple work, family history, community service.
20) of note: my organs got paralized in my last area as a missionary.

****2006*****************************************************************
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------breathing.
20) of note: BYU student, MTC teacher, Relief Society Pres, got hit by a temple worker while jogging, got stalked by a BYU student who received revelation to marry me, and my brother died--that was a rough month. but I'm still breathing.

****TODAY (2009)****
1) Age? 26
2) Work? Self-employed L.M.T.
3) Residence? Back in Provo...
5) Best friends? Jesus Christ. Christi, Steph, Kim, Brad, Mom, Staiger, cactus.
6) Do you talk to your old friends? Yes.
7) Piercings? ears
9) Car? 2007 Toyota Corolla, manual, Florida :) plates
10) Heart broken? It's in repair... but stronger than ever before
11) Religious? My immature & untried faith was not sufficient for the trials of 2006, and after much work & cultivation I can again say that I know of a surety that Jesus Christ is my Savior & has infinite power to enable me to endure anything.
12) Kids? none, but I've been a nanny & love my nieces & nephew
13) Single/Dating/Taken/Married/Divorce? Dating 2-3x's/day on occasion.
14) Contacts/Glasses? glasses but only for a stigmatism--I have 20x7 vision... that's right... I could be a fighter pilot.
15) School? A degree in massage therapy, back to finish up BYU, planning to attend BYU-Jerusalem.
16) Drugs/alcohol? There were times I wanted to as an escape the pain of the past few years, but through the example of a good friend fighting to maintain sobriety, and having lost my brother to drugs & alcohol & by the mercy & deliverance of Jesus Christ I choose not to.
17) Family? Good healthy relationships with my mom, 2 brothers + wives & niece. I miss my brother who died & his kids every day. Have severed all abusive ties. Am planning/preparing/studying for the ideal LDS marriage & family--And with God's help--I will attain it.
18) Hobbies? Breathing, cooking, skiing, thinking, teaching, journaling, water-skiing, wakeboarding, hiking, biking, camping, photography, singing, talking, back-packing, basketball, soccer, painting, writing, crying, reading, sleeping, blogging, traveling, sky-diving, surfing, kite-surfing, laying on the beach, cleaning.
19) Service? Sharing the gospel, AFSP, big sisters, RS, temple, family history, simple acts of kindness, saying thank you, reaching out.
20) Of note: I know God, who I am & what's most important in life. Trial & loss provide a forum conducive to learning those things if we so choose.

0 comments: