CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 27, 2009

I Think I've Been Spoiled...

It's not even noon and there are so many things that I want to share with someone...and I think I've been spoiled. Having roommates like Rebecca, Stephanie, Christianne (practically a roommate ;) Courtney, Monica, Nicole, Kim, Suzy, Tara, Cassia, Kim, Jayne, Riley and serving a mission with Emryn, Kaila, Stefanie, Andrea, Jennifer & Emily taught me about companionship. Having someone there to share the joys, sorrows and everyday in general. I miss that.

People laugh when missionaries [those who go out and teach full-time about the gospel of Jesus Christ] when they get home from serving 18-24 months and they are so accustomed to having wonderful companions at their side... fools mock... there's nothing more wonderful.

I remember going to the local market with my mother the day I returned from serving in Washington and she divided the grocery list in half and asked me to get the produce... I just stood there entirely befuddled. I didn't want to go by myself. Here I was a 22 year old woman and I wanted my mother at my side. What if something wonderful happened? What if something not-so-wonderful happened? Who would I share it with?

It is actually a great blessing to realize how important this is to me because I was engaged to someone who didn't really care about what was going on in my life. It makes me think of two scriptures: Corinthians 6:14 "Be ye not unequally yoked together..." and also Doctrine & Covenants 88:40 Where intelligence, wisdom, truth, virtue, light, mercy & justice--cleaveth, embraceth, loveth, claimeth, receiveth and continueth...

Any good friendship and relationship is equally joined--yoked--and we do cleave together. [Cleave: to adhere closely; stick; cling; to remain faithful; to cleave to one's principles in spite of persecution.]

*A wonderful day in the temple.
*The teachings of the temple in Exodus 40 and Isaiah 56
*The opportunity to help people today that were blind, crippled, or spoke another language.
*A loving family who has supported me although I've struggled since Scott died
*Sister M. returning the third week in a row
*The capacity to memorize although that is not my strong point
*Keith encouraging me to come to class last night and knowing I needed to be there
*The teachings of the Atonement of Jesus Christ is Isaiah 53
*knowing that God knows who I am and where I am
*An increased capacity to love as an outgrowth of pain
*Remembering a good friends family who just lost a brother
*The capacity to help RL who's struggling
*Reconnecting with loved ones
*Being surrounded by good men and starting to feel more comfortable around them
*Talking with my "little sister" and being able to help her
*Sunlight
*Fresh Snow & a heated apartment :)

1 comments:

Emryn said...

Thanks Ash!! Loved our moments together too. If you ever want to come out and see me I would love it. Only 6 hours away and Nate is gone Sunday night thru- Thursday night for the next 3 weeks. I would love to see you again ;)