CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

'No Joy Without the Struggle...'

I must give credit for the title to Sis. Winder, previous Relief Society General President (The Relief Society is the largest, and oldest women's organization in the world--it's pretty amazing)

Today I felt joy--amid the struggle--and possible even because my heart has expanded in the struggle to better understand & receive joy. The BYU devotional address Sister Winder gave is amazing: http://speeches.byu.edu/index.php?act=viewitem&id=1275
So is the whole database of talks to be honest...

I appreciate so much Christianne for being true to her heart, and speaking with full integrity of heart as we shared feelings, struggles, testimony--life--today. Thank you! I am always left wanting to better understand and live the doctrines of the gospel of Jesus Christ when we talk! We read parts of 'Missionary Work & the Atonement' by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland:

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=4ba7a1615ac0c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1

In sharing our struggles with one another--bearing each others burden--truly listening with love & empathy & a desire for the other person to be heard and find peace--I found great strength and much needed peace.

How grateful I am to be in a dinner group of people that are constantly filling their minds with light and truth and with one question they have suggested resource one after the other--where else in the world could I find that? It just makes me want to gain as much light and understanding and knowledge I can while I am here and then go out and share it with everyone I meet. Do you realize the potential for good there is? If we each impact only one person for good today? and tomorrow? If we help even one person in his or her struggle through life--and we are strengthen as a result? Better enabled to do even more good? The notion of greatness that can and will come as a result of attaining an education by study & also by faith--the possibilities are endless! I love studying here at BYU!

I'm also so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ to be on the Earth just as it was when Christ ministered to the people in Jerusalem. With that structure come the keys and authority of God, the 'priesthood.' God loves me just as much as He loves the people that He blessed and ministered to while in the flesh, and those his apostles ministered to, through the power of the priesthood my life has been blessed, I have received guidance, direction and strength as I sought divine assistance in faith. Just as James directs (ch 5) to call upon the elders of the church--and be blessed. The elders of the church are assigned as 'home teachers' which I think is very appropriate because if Jesus Christ himself were here today, I like to think he would be in the homes of each person checking to see how they are doing, and if they are in need of anything; after all, Christ spent his entire mortal ministry blessing, healing, teaching and serving. It is nice to know that tonight, in Provo Utah I could call on the elders of the church and they can act as instruments in the hands of God to bless my life. It was so apparent to me that they were just the instrument--not that I minimize their role--just like any good instrument, they need to be in good condition, fine-tuned and 'worthy.' How grateful I am that there are men in the world that live in such a way they can bless the lives of others--thank you!

More links to fantastic talks to come...but for now... sleep!
Yoga will come early at 5 :)

0 comments: