CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thanks be to God & all the Wonderful people in my life!

My heart is filled with gratitude for all the blessings in my life. It is, as Joe Saviano reminds me, what you focus on that expands. As I open my eyes today to all the good people and blessings around me, tears well in my eyes and I feel unable to accurately express my appreciation for all that I have.

Waking up to light! I love the sun, and the symbolism of Christ--the way, the truth the light, & life of the world & of my life! I started my day with a morning session of Yoga, prayer & study of the gospel--thanks to Christianne & Niki for such a thoughtful gift that has already brought greater joy, peace, focus & centering into my life--I love you both! I got to talk to Christianne this morning--It makes a great way to start the day--she always brings out the best in me & I hope I encourage her in a similar way. When I told her about sharing the gospel with Mary she told me how she'd given like 6 Books of Mormon away since we last spoke--I can't keep up with her--but I'll live everyday to try. I can't picture my life without her--I only moved to Florida because my heart was broken after Scott died--but the Lord blessed me in ways I never could have imagined--nor adequately thank Him, or the people that have changed my life for the better. The blessing of a clean & organized room! I've never had my own room at school until this semester--and yesterday I scoured the place--bleaching the walls, detailing the moldings, sanitizing & disinfecting it all--I love cleanliness! I think my spirit is able to function better! Then a nice hot shower (when we lived in Italy--we didn't have hot water--trust me--it's a blessing :) Freshly shaven legs--any woman knows that's a great blessing, time to get ready & new Sephora from Christmas in Boca! And a great conversation with my roommate Michelle who shared with me her perfect New Years date--Thanks Michelle! Then my mom came down bringing me all kinds of wonderful treats--books & articles filled with light & truth & encouragement. She brought my exercise ball & all kinds of things to make the semester start even more smoothly :) Thanks mom! Then we went and ran errands--and I got a down comforter for Christmas--who doesn't want to sleep sweetly each night?!? I got a new battery for an old camera--and took pictures--you know the kind that uses film--wow--I wonder if I should save it for my children so they know just how old I am ;) Then we went to Babies R Us & got a shower gift for 'Mo' my sweet little unborn niece--I can't wait to see her--I love Brad & Abby & Mo & am so thankful to be close when she's born & to shower her with love! It is a great blessing to be close to my family this year, they've been so kind as I cared for a broken heart & engagement. They've shown such understanding & empathy as I've grieved the loss of my best friend--thank you! I ran into one of my best friends & her new husband @ Target--I love Michelle & Jamie and am so happy for them--they inspire me never to settle for less than the ideal! A phone call from my best friend from the ward and her new husband--I love you Brooke & Dave, It brings me great joy to see you so happy! A phone call from another best friend Rebecca--what can I say--I'm surrounded by the best! I love she & Mackay & so many blessings have come through my friendship with her--some crazy stories & apartment tales as well--but overall just love & blessings all over the place! A phone call from a woman from my mission--I love her! What a blessing it was to serve the Lord & to gain eternal friendships! Another call from a companion yesterday that just thinking about makes me smile--oh Sister Staiger I Love you! A sweet message from River filled with understanding and love. Catching up with a great old friend from Boca that moved--even Facebook can be a blessing! Good uplifting music--and wonderful prophetic encouragement from Elder Holland! An amazing dinner with mom @ Magelby's--and seeing a lot of blessings from when I worked there--being able to express my gratitude to Doc & his appreciation for it after a long hard day. When you apply there, you turn in a life sketch--all that you've done and are doing for good in the world--and when he looked over my application--he hired me on the spot & said--"she's the all-American wonderful LDS girl--how could I not want her here?" When you walk through the door there is a book of mormon in every language on the shelf and family pictures adorning the walls--the spirit is there--and so are many good people & memories. Truman Madsen used to come in each week & tell me stories of my aunt & uncle who served with he & Ann back East. President Child & his wife were there tonight--he was my stake President just after Scott died--and has definitely mastered caring for the one--I knew that God loved me & was aware because of the way my leaders extended His love to me--his cousin is my home ward bishop who was our home teacher for 10 years before that--what can I say... inactive part member families get the best of the best--Bishop Child was my first good example of a stalwart man that really cared for those he served--thank you! He even offered to get the whole ward to execute the wedding if manpower was needed--he and his whole family came to support the AFSP event in SLC that I chaired this year & donated great things from RC Willey--Thank you! The friendly man from LA who chatted with us over the USC game for 15 minutes--made me smile. Warm rolls & raspberry lemonade Mmmm! If you've ever eaten at Magelby's--you know they're wonderful! Marking calenders with my mom--that was one of my favorite activities we would do when I was little--stickers scattered all over the table, remembering everyone's birthdays--once we hear them--we'll know it forever :) With a pen in hand we planned for a wonderful year--and the beautiful calenders that Jami made for us for Christmas with the greatest pictures of my nieces & nephew! Yummy oranges that my mom gave me--that's my favorite part of my Christmas stocking! Eating healthy & not being an emotional eater! Feeling impressed to talk to Christi via facebook (again--it was a blessing--whoa! ;) and looking at the beauty & fun we were able to capture in Florida & skiing Utah. Seeing incremental improvement with that 'Costco sized bottle of self confidence.' :) Wishing everyone I saw a Happy New Year! The nice guy at Target, we talked about how we live in a dessert here ;) Humidifiers are amazing--almost as good as a beach--OK not really--but it's still a great blessing! The greatest bishop ever who checked in on me & who has really helped me learn about God's love for each one of us! Reminiscing over memories with Steph & that she'll be home in 3 months! I love she & Max & they've been such a blessing in my life as they have followed the spirit & encouraged me in word & example! Seeing a post on Elder Simakov's wall from someone he taught the gospel to--and how wonderful he is doing--and his very thoughtful letter this week--thank you! Wrapping up the day with an evening dose of Yoga--on the mat my mom gave me for Christmas! Thanks again to everyone--especially the Lord--for a wonderful day! Being filled with appreciation and love for my Heavenly Father as I have felt strength from the prayers of those I love & as I have turned my heart to God--I love Him. He is my father, and although I do not have someone who acts as a father here in mortality--God has always taken his place and blessed my life in real & concrete ways that only my true father could--Thank you!

1 comments:

Cassia said...

Thank you, Ashley. You've got me thinking about all the good things in my life, all the things I can be grateful for. I feel so uplifted when I visit your blog. :)