CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Wonderful New Semester!

It is a great feeling to be back @ BYU, in the thick of my major classes & reveling in new friendships while savoring long-lasting quality relationships. Just yesterday I sat studying the teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ--realizing I am able to do it while pursuing a degree. To be led by President Samuelson--a general authority of Christ's Church--to start classes with prayer--inviting the spirit of the Lord that together we may be edified. I know that I am in the right place at the right time & studying just what the Lord would endorse I study to best utilize my talents & abilities. so many things that I have come to love & appreciate & develop over the past 2 years--my love of teaching the gospel, my love of service, my appreciation for counseling & increased knowledge of resources. My love for home & family, my experiences nannying & time spent in Florida healing. I have greater self-confidence & motivation to accomplish great things than ever before. On the way back from a party Tuesday--even the billboards spouted sonnets of inspiration: make miracles happen!

I see miracles happening all around me--and am a part of so many. My life has brought me to this point capable of accomplishing so much good. And out of many of the trials of the past few years--greater joy & accomplishment than I could have dreamt--have been--and are being realized. Reading in 2 Corinthians Chapter 8, verse 2: How that in great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy & their deep poverty abounded in the riches of their *liberality (*FTGR sincerity, purity of mind generosity.)

There are so many good things & incredible opportunities all around me--it is like finally seeing the bigger picture. Actually wanting to be here. Knowing who I am, where I am going & what I want. *Note from BYU devo. Having the earning capacity to go to school full-time and work 10 hours a week & still provide for myself. Facing the unfinished classes from when I got hit by the truck & Scott died. Seeing how all these things truly have come together for my experience & good. having greater more enduring faith in Jesus Christ than ever before. Accomplishing my dreams--studying family life to attend grad school in counseling, singing in choir, skiing, helping people enjoy a greater sense of well-being through my job. Enjoying my family--so excited for 'Mo' to be born--and so happy to be closer to Brad & Abby. I'm so thankful for the life experiences they have had & shared with me & inspired that i hold strong to the ideal. Being so close to the temple & working there--learning each week how to create & pattern a house of the Lord. Experiencing greater joy than ever before!

I'm taking a religion in the home class--we study many world religions--from those faithfully practicing those faiths--and my life is being enriched so much as I better understand others beliefs, rituals & righteous traditions. As I come to learn more the Jewish culture it only increases my desire to study in the Holy Land, it enhances my great love for those I got to know in Florida--I think I was the only Christian in my building--and I definitely brought the average age down a good 25 years :)

So much more to come--

0 comments: