CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Ode to Christianne...

Christianne is ALIVE!!!




How grateful I am that my best friend is alive!

Christianne came down yesterday to pick a friend up from the airport--and to see me :) We were able to spend some quality time together--I love her! It was a bit of a rough day and I wanted to climb in bed by about 8p... but studied, visited with some friends, studied & was actually in bed by 10:30p.

Just after 11:15p I awoke from a deep sleep with the impression to call Christianne and tell her to to sleep at my mom's house in Bountiful.

Tonight Christianne called and told me that she had been in an accident just this side of the Idaho border around 2a and they had rolled her little car 3 times.

I felt awful. I apologized--remembering that I had that impression to call her--that I knew she shouldn't drive home. She told me I had called her and left a message. She'd also had numerous impressions to pull over & get a hotel, or slow down, or not push it etc--AND she had also read to me from the book 'Not My Will, But Thine Be Done' while she was here...

Some lessons may come in a painful way--but just the fact that she was able to walk away from the accident, that both she & the girl with her are alive & well. That they felt impressed to get a ride from a man going to Idaho Falls, who actually took them all the way to Rexburg--thank you to the good people everywhere--and especially to that man who didn't just drive past someone I love with it being a 20-zero night along the highway--thank you! Thanks to CHristianne's friend Dustin who followed the impression of the spirit to get up & pray for her at 2:30 this morning.

Such gratitude fills my heart for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ that allows us the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost--guidance, comfort, direction from a member of the Godhead--at all times & in all places & in all things.

I can't imagine my life without Christi. Truthfully, it was only hours before this accident that she & I were telling Brian & Sam how we met, how our friendship inspires us to constantly strive for our potential, and how the Lord's hand has been revealed to us in so many ways-it was like Doug asking us last year where we met: "in Heaven." Straight-faced response from Christianne. It's true though--I believe there are kindred friends in this life & that the same sociality exists that existed before we came here & will continue to exist after we leave this mortal life--and so it is for all the good people in my life--thank you! For a good friend & our amazing 'Smith's date' experience--everywhere with us is an experience :) For the beautiful snow, for my wonderful family, for an amazing bishop, for a great home evening group, for the good people in my classes, and for the opportunity to learn & grow & become better!

3 comments:

Cassia said...

Wow. I've never met Christianne, but I'm really glad she's OK, too. Thank you for the reminder to pay more attention to promptings.

River said...

wow. I've never met your friend. But I'm so glad she's okay, and home.

Christianne said...

Thank you Ash. I cry every time I read your blog. Probably why I take some time between reads. You really do inspire me to be a better person. Thank you for your kindness, love, friendship, example, and joy of expression. There are so many things to be thankful for and reminded of. YOu don't hesitate one moment in either of those arenas. I love you.